Monday 29 October 2012

Beauty Favourites • October

It's nearly the end of October as you all know, and so I thought I'd share with you what beauty products I've been loving this month and that I would recommend that you go out and buy! 

FIVE: At number 5 on my list is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in the beautiful colour of 'Turquoise Forever'. I purchased this after seeing it on a make up tutorial on Youtube and totally falling in love with the colour. It cost me £4.99 which in  my opinion is a very reasonable price for how substantial the pot size is. I love this because it is so easy to apply, with a brush or with your finger - it goes on really easily and the pigment is gorgeous and looks fantastic on your eyelid. The models wearing this product in the promotional photographs to advertise it achieve an extremely bright colour from this, however in reality, to get that colour on your own eyes, it would require quite a few layers of application to get the pigment looking that turquoise. That is the only fault I can find with this product, I think it's perfect for going out, and I have also bought a golder, more neutral colour which is perfect for day to day use!

FOUR: At number four, is another Maybelline product; it's the Fit Me! Liquid Foundation (mine is in shade 125). It cost me £7.99 which I think is a decent price for the size of the bottle that it's contained in. I've been needing a new foundation for ages, and all of the best brands' foundations are quite pricey for a student like myself. So when I saw this on the Maybelline stand of Boots I didn't hesitate in buying it (obviously after I'd tried it on etc...). I don't tend to wear foundation every day because my skin doesn't really need it, however I do wear it when I go out on a weekend and it's really great. The coverage, I find, is really good and you don't need much on your brush to apply it all over your face. I find that my face can still breathe when I wear it, and it does't feel like it's clogging up all the pores on my face when I'm wearing it. I definitely recommend this for anyone searching for a new foundation. 
THREE: Coming into my top 3 now. I have my Barry M Kohl Eyeliner Pencil (in White) which only cost me £2.99! I love Barry M, they have such a fun and bright range of cosmetics. I just fancied a white eyeliner pencil after seeing a girl wearing it (I don't remember where) and I suddenly remembered when I was browsing the Barry M stand and saw this. It's really easy to apply and the colour really shows up well on my eyes and makes them look striking and bright. There's not really much more I can say about this product other than that obviously I love it, and it makes a change to my usual black liquid eyeliner to add some piercing white on there as well!


TWO: Down to my second favourite product this month, which has been Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara. Now, I got this smaller (40g) bottle for free because my mum gave me a coupon from a magazine she had been reading, however I believe the full sized version costs £16.50, which in all honesty I might not be prepared to spend on a mascara when there are plenty of other brilliant ones out there. Nevertheless, I do love this, not only because it's the perfect size to keep in my handbag for when I go out and might need a top up when I've been out all day, but also because it's a really good quality mascara. It doesn't make the eyelashes clump together and become sticky or rock solid - like some mascaras our there - but it gives them a great covering and lengthening whilst also remaining quite soft. If you're looking for a good investment, maybe it's worth saving up for this mascara because you'll certainly get a good quality product in my opinion! 

ONE: Here we are, this is my top and favourite product of this October. I only bought it recently, but it is my favourite thing of the moment. And it's from the Rimmel, Kate Moss  matte lipstick collection in the shade 101, which cost me just over £5. Normally, I'm not one for lipstick, it scares me a bit. However I decided to start off with a safe, light pink. And now I'm absolutely in love with it! It smells lovely, and keeps your lips nice and moisturised (it doesn't make them feel dry or anything like that), plus it looks gorgeous on the lips. I was worried I wouldn't be able to carry off this colour, but even I think it looks pretty on my lips, and that's saying something. It's given me a newly found love of lipstick, especially from the Kate Moss collection with Rimmel; I will definitely be going back there to buy another, maybe darker and more daring colour next time I'm in town. I really recommend these lipsticks, they're fab! Full marks from me. 





I hope that you enjoyed reading about my favourite beauty products of this month, and maybe made you want to go out and buy some for yourself! If you want any more opinions from me on any of these, leave me a comment and I'll do what I can. Thanks for reading, as always x 

1 comment:

  1. love the lipstick colour! Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete