Friday 25 January 2013

Favourite Fragrances • 2013

Hello everyone! After neglecting my blog for a few weeks, I seem to have been bitten by the bug again and have thought of a few things to write about - so expect good things in the weeks to come! Now I've never really been one for obsessing over perfumes, as I just find that they sometimes are too flowery and sweet, which I don't find appealing on myself or anyone else for that matter. But over the past year or so, I have been browsing the perfume section of Boots and discovered two fragrances which I fell in love with instantly. And my very kind family bought me them for Christmas, so I thought it would be a nice idea to let you know what perfumes I'm loving, and what I wear myself.


Lola by Marc Jacobs - My Night Time Fragrance
I have been in love with this perfume for about 2  years, and it's always been just that little bit too expensive for me to stretch to, until Santa generously bought me this bottle for Christmas. I've tried the Oh Lola perfume by Marc Jacobs, which is a bit sweeter than the standard Lola scent, and for me it just isn't as nice. I absolutely adore the smell of this, it's definitely slightly heavier than my other perfume, so I savour it for nights out and special occasions - purely because I love it so much and don't want it to run out. I think the bottle is really snazzy, and I love wearing it. 
(In case anyone was wondering, for a bottle this size at Boots, it cost £37)


Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel - My Daytime Fragrance 
I know this isn't actually a perfume, it's a 'moisture mist' so it doesn't have as strong a smell as normal perfumes - but this perfect for wearing to college or just when I'm out on a daytime. It's a sweeter smell and very refreshing, which is perfect for a morning when you just need a little pick me up. I don't know how expensive this was unfortunately because it was a present, but as it isn't the actual perfume I wouldn't expect it to be too pricey. I would really recommend this, as it's a young and girly scent - and I love love love it! 

What are your staple perfumes for the day and night? And if anyone has tried these out before, what did you think? As always thanks for reading

 Harriet x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment