Thursday 4 September 2014

Daily Make-Up Essentials • 2014

Last year I did another blog post very similar to this one where I showed you some of the make-up products that I used regularly. Well after having a quick re-read that post, I decided that it was massively out-dated and deserved an update! This is the make-up that in general I will use every day without fail, I reach for these products the most and as you will see, a lot of them are looking - shall we say - very well loved and I probably should take a trip to Boots and re-purchase some of them. 



BASE
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - Mont Blanc 
Nars Blush - Orgasm 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Cool Medium 
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - 001 Transparent 
Topshop Highlighter - Crescent Moon 

Firstly in the morning (after I have moisturised my face), I'll apply my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation with my real techniques Expert Face Brush. Now who hasn't heard of this wonderful product? It may be on the expensive side, and be a bit of an investment - but I'm a firm believer in making sure you have the right foundation for you and sometimes that means having to fork out some extra pennies as a bit of a treat - but with something as important as foundation I think it's worth it. Nars Sheer Glow gives a lovely coverage that can be built up as much or as little as you want, depending on perhaps what occasion you're going to. In the day I will just buff it over my face to even out my complexion with a low coverage of it - however when I'm going on a night out or to a party, I can build it up so that it's definitely not going anywhere all night! 

Next is my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which is one of the biggest cult products I've seen out there. Everyone loves this, and everyone raves about it - the fact that it's so affordable is just the icing on the cake. I don't tend to get dark circles under my eyes so will apply little or no concealer there, however my skin does have it's fair share of breakouts so blemishes and spots are my main concern. And this concealer really does cover it all - I honestly wouldn't be without it and as you can see from the rather gross look of mine, I need to go and buy another one asap!

Another very well loved product that I use every day is my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This is another extremely popular product with anyone I have met who has used it. I have the transparent shade which is perfect as I'm not a huge fan of powder with a pigment because they tend to be the wrong shade for me and make me look a bit cakey. So this colour-less powder is my holy grail. It takes the shine right off my face (with little topping up needed throughout the day) and doesn't break up or look caked on, on my face. Hooray!

Blush time. The Nars Orgasm blush is one loved by many as it's such a gorgeous colour and will suit so many different skin tones. It even looks lovely on my pale, freckled cheeks which is a miracle. It's really nicely pigmented and blends wonderfully into the skin. However it's so good, that I haven't bought myself a new blush in so long because I am stuck in love with this one! 

Finally, highlighter. I don't use this every single day without fail, but every time I do I reach for my Topshop Highlighter. Can we all just take a minute to appreciate how beautiful the colour of this highlighter is?! I can't get enough of it. It does have a bit of shimmer in - so those of you that aren't keen on shimmery highlighters might not love it, but I think it looks lovely on anyone when applied well. It's very pigmented so you don't need very much on your brush - but it adds such a lovely glow to your cheek bones and I love it very much. 



EYES
Nars Eye Kit - And God Created The Woman 
Nars Smudge Proof Eye Base 
Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner - Black 
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes 'Excess' - Noir/Black
Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Waterproof Eyeliner - 001 Black
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil - 011 Sable Brown 

Next, onto eyes. This is my favourite part of applying my make-up - I am obsessed with all things eyes and am an ambassador for liquid liner. I always have people asking what I use on my eyes as I usually rock the cat eye, smokey eye look on a daily basis - not too dramatic obviously as I don't want to look like I'm going clubbing when I'm just popping over to see my Grandma. 

Firstly I'll pop on my Nars Eye Base which I have a small sample of at the moment and I'm loving it. It really does make sure my eyeshadow doesn't budge and I've been really impressed with it. However I am saving up the pennies to get myself the Urban Decay Primer Potion - however this one is proving a real competitor at the moment and may end up earning a permanent place in my daily make up routine. 

Eyeshadow is a no-brainer for me, I am a lover of the neutrals. Shimmery or matte - I love 'em all. This Nars Eye Kit was actually a gift from one of my lovely friends for my 18th birthday so has been getting a lot of love from me recently as the shades are just gorgeous. They're so pigmented and easy to blend I am totally in love with this palette. I'm also a lover of the Naked Palettes (and their MUA dupes), but for the time being Nars is my weapon of choice. 

Nearly there now with eyeliner. I do so many different things with my eye make-up depending on the situation, but as a general rule I'll pop the brown Rimmel Kohl Kajal on my bottom waterline to add some definition but not too harshly like a black eyeliner would. Then the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal black liner on my upper waterline before going in there with my Collection Felt Tip liner to do my winged eyeliner. I own a ton of liquid liner from many different brands, however this one is winning for me. I've bought about three of these over the past few months because I use them to death. It's so easy to use and doesn't smudge or run at all. I. Love. It. And it's a totally reasonable price which is a total bonus. 

Mascara time. I am not a committed mascara user - I flit from one to another all the time as I have yet to find one that I am amazed by. So at the moment I'm using the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes one, which is really great for separating and lengthening my lashes - however I'm not a massive fan of the plastic wand (which isn't a criticism of this mascara, I just prefer a wand with bristles in general over a plastic one I find them easier to use) 




LIPS 
Sleek Sheen Lipstick - Barely There 
Vaseline - Rosy Lips 

Finally we have arrived at the lips station. The final stop. And probably the least interesting one for me. I am not a very adventurous person when it comes to my lips - I a, a bit scared of all those colours out there of lipsticks and glosses and balms, that I worry what will and won't suit me. Recently I have been buying more bright colours, however they are reserved for more special events and usually I will reach for a pot of Vaseline to give my lips a bit of moisture and shine (soooo boring I know). 
Sometimes though I'll go for a nude lipstick, and the Sleek lipstick in Barely There is my all time favourite. It's a perfect shade for me, and it looks really lovely on the lips. 


And there you have it! A total product-by-product of my daily make-up routine. This will more than likely change depending on new products I buy over the coming months - but for now, these are my holy grail products and I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants good, reliable products in their collection! 
What things do you reach for every day? Anyone loving any of the sae products as me? 

Thanks so much for reading everyone and have a lovely day. 
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment